Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith

That's the new book by Lysa Terkeurst that i'm reading for my QT every night now. Thank God i brought this along with me. I've been feeling uneasy about what's going to happen in the future, but the anxiety really decreased as i spent time reading this + the word.

At chapter 2 now, and just wanna type out some quotes so that i'll remember better.

"To honour God completely, you need enough faith to leave with him. Leave the attitude, leave the stubborn pride, leave the right to be right, leave the control, and biggest of all, leave the unbelief."

"Determine to proceed forward with God." (eg. Noah, Jeremiah, Ruth, Abraham, Jesus's disciples etc)

Hebrews 11:13-16
All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country-a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Isaiah 43:18-21
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honour me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.

I miss home. But i'm gonna look ahead and see what God has in store for me! Ultimately, i'm his and i want to try living by faith. I know he will provide for me, even though i don't yet see how everything will work out in the future. One step at a time...

Hebrews 10:35-37
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, i will not be pleased with him.

*you remember about about 10% when you read, 27% when you listen, 35% when you write, more when you teach, and so much more when you actually practise it.*

Conviction and comprehension goes hand in hand before compliance isn't it?

No comments: