Saturday, November 8, 2008

nah. not dating...

Hellloooo everyone who visits my blog even more than me...

I'm so sorry for not updating for so long. I totally gave up writing my blog for so long, and admit i didnt even check my tagboard... Have been quite stressed over here adapting to serving in the new christian organisation, and managing my work at the same time that blogging just went really far down in my priority list. So i go back to my usual habit of hibernating for some time.

Awww. If only... but i'm sorry to disappoint everyone looking for new exciting conversation topics i'm not dating right now... It's not the right season la. Too many changes, and i'm just clinging on tightly to God, then supporting and being supported by a huge bunch of friends than to any 1 particular guy... Well, who knows? Anytime.. anywhere.. :p

Anyway, 1st sem it was a whole new country, 2nd sem it's a whole new spiritual atmosphere and ministry altogether. I was really tense since mid-aug because i started serving more. Which wasnt the way it should be. I looked forward to serving so much in COS and spending all my resources there. But somehow i was afraid of investing more of my time and energy in OCF, till i started to even dread it a little cos i wasn't feeling comfortable with myself. The perfectionist in me just sparked off. And i struggled to meet the own expectations i placed on myself.

State wide planning, uni scale events, personal ministries.
Weaknesses revealed, strength gathered, but now personally refreshed and renewed.
Hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed.
Because the all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

So it has been a great learning experience, and will continue to be as i keep building on on skills. Can be painful and stressful, but it's all worth it for the growing of character in light of the hope.

Anyway, that's the minimum turning point and inflexion points briefly described.

For now, exams are coming up 24th for nutrition and 25th Nov for chem. I have, by right, 2 weeks to study. But by left, i only have 1 week. Cos i'm going for a holiday the week before my exams! haha... I'm almost done with my revision for this 2 modules. Only 1/2 a module left to revise for a 2nd time. And try out 4 past yr papers. So i aim to finish by... tues/wed? Aiming to get both High Distinctions. So that i will top my grades last sem.

So there, i'll stop here because i can go on forever about all my experiences... but i needa go mug for whole week and know all my materials inside-out. (hwa-chong sydrome) Before i go though, there's always room for testimonies.

It's still absolutely amazing, even though I should be used to his amazing-ness by now, how God has been providing for me in every aspect even though i feel most stressed the previous few months during this sem.
For studies: Managed to get High D for NT, and should get another D for lifespan development (i think).
For finances: They were running quite dry due to some delays, but just at the right time it was topped up again.
For strengthening weakness of perfectionism: Voluntary research study that i signed up for once a week for 10 weeks let me have one on one sessions with a psychologist to see how it's possible to change certain unhelpful thinking styles to helpful ones. Enlightened me in a very different and practical way to live out Romans 12:2, to develop a renewed mind and to test and approve his will.
For more counsel and sharpening of ways: Mentors, advisors, parents and also friends.
For leisure:
Caleb and Serene coming over to celebrate bday week!
Lotsa running,
baking (this time - more apple crumble, fudgey brownies, bread pudding, macaroons) and tried sorbet freezing too,
learning to make more Korean cuisine,
kayaking with dolphins,
performing on stage in a hostel charity fund raiser event with 2 other gal friends (with group name 'The Singing Muffins'! haha.. I was 'raspberry and white choc muffin'.) AND. Getting our very first album... Ha. Cos the event was recorded live and sold as CDs to raise funds.)
Then managed to raise about $500 in another OCF event that we planned in just 2hrs and abt 30 ppl. I was auctioned off to a friend to help organise her receipts. Raised $50 just for that!! Nice~
And many other fun...

Anyway, I'm coming home 8 DEC!!!

And i wanna see my photo on the YPM camp shirt. *devastated*

Sigh. Took so long to even type out this entry... Frustrated that i can't put up pictures cos i needa try to get rid of my dark eye circles and go to sleep.

Excited to mug more tmr, and try cooking shi2 quan2 ji1 tang1 (10 medicinal herb chicken soup), for the 1st time, for my unit mates, for a farewell meal for my korean friend, for dinner.

Missing everyone...
luvs mel

No comments: