Thursday, July 26, 2007

Grouchy

Today is "be a grouch" day. This happens when I don't get enough sleep! Tireddd... Must introduce my favourite Sesame Street character! Oscar the Grouch! How I love him so!!!
This is why I like him so much.
1. I know how he feels when he is grouchy. Like.. "Go away and LEAVE ME ALONE!!"--His trademark phrase. Haha. Although I don't agree with his meaness. I don't think I have ever used that phrase. And I want people to care. It's just that sometimes, I just want to sleep... Haha.
2. He cares so much for his cute little worm, Slimey! Slimey brings out the goodness in him. it's so heartwarming to know that even the meanest creature has it's soft side, and shows his love so tenderly to even the smallest creature in Sesame Street! Only 7cm long. (kinda like God's love for us eh?)
3. He's just cute.


Pictures from left: An oscar puppet, at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History in Washington D.C.; Oscar reading to his pet worm, Slimey; Oscar peeping out of his trash can

No, I'm lacking sleep not because I stayed up to watch Yang1 Zong1 Wei3 sing again. Haha. I decided after Calvin's invite to BSF on tuesday that I'll stay away from sad songs for a while. Not that we can't listen to sad songs, (cos lots of sad songs are sung by really good singers and have nice music) it's just that I'm letting the lyrics get to me abit. We studied Philippians 4 that night, and I would base my application on the verse below.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Had a long long chat with Bernard when I got home... We discussed many fundamental questions to the Christian faith. Stuff like "How to deal with people nicely even though we can't really stand them", "How do we know the bible is true?", "Why did God create us if he doesn't need us to exist?", "How do we hear from God?", "If we can receive salvation and God's love anytime, why not wait till just before we die?" Glad you asked! Cos these are questions we should not just shove away... Don't stop searching for your answers... Press on and find your personal conviction!

Anyways, just encourage you with a song I just got from my colleague today k? It's not a christian song, but I really like it cos I guess this kinda describes somewhat the way I feel when I have this relationship with God. I've got version by Vonda Shepard. But I couldn't find it on youtube. The 2 good versions I found instead were fantastic. By another 3 singers I greatly admire - Tony Benett, Stevie Wonder and Ella Fitzgerald. Enjoy!

Various singers - For Once In My Life





Then just yesterday, I finally met up with my St John squadmates again! *feels guilty* since I haven't seen them since forever. Haha.. busy la. busy... (my lousy excuse. lol) Everyone looks prettier! Haha.. But after chatting for a while, realised that everyone's way of talking is like exactly the same. Got to find out where's everyone going to study.. In no time, we'll be meeting to talk about our careers and salaries and families already. Time passes so fast! We meet up again before uni starts kkk? It's my last week at MOE le! I'm freeee to slack for a while! ya. just a while. haha.

Though I reached home like at 10+pm. I still had to do something impt. Heh. Can you guess what it is? It's for you know who for you know what for you know when! Lol. The answer will be unveiled soon. No prizes for guessing right! But you still have the privilege to guess. haha. Anyways.. slept at like almost 1am. WAY pass my bed time.

*GROUCHY*

No comments: