Monday, May 11, 2009

L-O-V-E

Perhaps it's time to level up after getting 'feedback' from others.

Tried so hard, and did more than what i could ever do with my own strength. Right motivations, but perhaps I need to love with that little bit more, even though i thought i was doing my best already.. Seems like it's still not enough eh.

Ha. I wonder whether i'll ever find out what it means to lay down my life for my brother, just as Christ did for us.

I do want to love, and i don't want to stop, even if there's no return, even if the reciprocation is negative. If i was worth it, you're worth it too, cos' we're all the same.

Besides that, my only justification to the 'honest remark' is that...

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out all fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:16b-19.

I seem to be quoting alot of the bible nowadays. Think i'm not very creative, or 'entertaining' anymore eh? It seems like the world is changing soo fast, soo much, that many things seem blurry already. 'Advancing' from conservative thinking, to much more freedom may be what many want. But without discipline, we'd never know what's good for us isn't it?

Anyway, I get to say almost anything i want on my blog...

So it's thanksgiving time again! :)

God has been MOST faithful, even during these times! It's amazing how he works, and slowly teaches me.. Ha. One day, perhaps after a long long time, i'll finally understand what it means to have pure joy in facing trials of many kinds. (Aaron Wong! Your sharing was my inspiration to apply this scripture!)

Wanna list a few ppl, who have shown me how God never lets me endure beyond what i can bear, cos' they've uplifted and encouraged! Of cos there's more, but i hope i don't leave anyone out! (Just for this season la hor?)

Mel's hall of fame for the season: Betty, Grace, Naomi, Norman, Aaron, Chin Ting, Cheryl, Alethea, Chin Chin, Raymond Lim, Aunty M, Aunty Vanessa, Glenn, Taiwei, Kim, etc..

And special thanks to BROTHER HO! hahaa.. Thanks 'gor'. Your attitude towards 'an always exciting ministry' still stays in my head, and always sets me up for the right mindset when i'm dealing with issues. Haha. I Likes your style. The more stuff happening, the more exciting it is! Grins. Altho' i haven't spoken to you for some time now, you're still in my heart. :)

Nights all! Full moon night! Enjoy..

No comments: