Sunday, August 12, 2007

Why blog?

I heard this year's National Day song by Jimmy Ye and sung by Kit Chan. And I cried!!! I guess it hit me hard that I'm so going to miss Singapore when I go over to aussie... Family, YPMers, friends, FOOD and... just the whole comfortable surroundings. Then it'll be like.. keeping in contact with most ppl at the start, but slowly as time passes, there's no more 'Life together' feeling anymore. And everyone will forget who i am when i return. Haha.. 'Who's Melissa?' they'll ask.



There's No Place I'd Rather Be
Music and Lyrics: Jimmy Ye
Artiste: Kit Chan

I've walked the streets of Cairo and Bombay
I've seen the neon signs on ole Broadway
I've climbed the Eiffel Tower
The Great Wall in one hour
Experienced sweet and sour but that's okay

Seen Hollywood, the sunsets in LA
The London Bridge, Big Ben, the Thames, UK
I've crossed the River Kwai
Yet still I don't know why
I think of you each night and every day

There's no place I'd rather be
You'll always be a part of me
And even though I've roamed the world
It's still my home I long to see

This is where my family
And my friends grew up with me
So I'll cross the skies and sails the seas
To be where I wanna be

Cos there's no place I'd rather be!

Well.. this is the first reason why i created this blog in the first place.. haha. Get ready to stay connected when i go over. Easy access to blogs of ppl i know, and hopefully ppl will keep chatting with me on my gigantic, chat-and-user-friendly tagbox, other than on msn.

Secondly, i realised one of my weakness! I don't really share much about myself to ppl. Must learn to be more open and vulnerable. That's when we can really be concerned for others right? I always wanna know what's happening to others, but hide myself away from them. Not fair for true friends. I think i'm an introvert. Haha. I think maybe some disagree. But we all have our 'emo elmo' times la. I want to come out from behind my 'mask' (hahaa.. chapter 2!) and get real. Along with that is that I somehow believe that I am special. Hahaa.. God's masterpiece! Altho i'm just some other normal plain person, I somehow wanna be more sure of my own talents. No matter how little or small they are. So this place will be my own affirmation for myself. All that things that rouse my emotions make me the mel that I am! The people that influence me, the many things that make me laugh, or cry, or excited, the memories... Hopefully, after sharing about the many events that happen in my blog, i'll be more willing to start going deeper and past the superficial me. :)

Thirdly, i think i can do much better than my old blog la. Haha. One or two entries a year really CMI. I also never managed to keep a diary for longer than a few months. So maybe a blog with more interaction would work better. One day when i'm old and bored, i can read this all over. haha.

Anyway, even though pinky told me i should not update so quickly cos she feels like she's lagging behind in her own posts, i shall talk abit about leaders' retreat! Haha. Just abit la k? Can't help it. One of the icebreakers we played was 'talk about the last time someone encouraged you'! Haha.. Shucks. I realised i haven't been very encouraging... I know how such little words, once spoken, becomes a significant driving force for an individual even though the one who said it doesn't really feel that way... So, I shall start to encourage more! Have you been encouraging lately? :)

Proverbs 15:4 The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

No comments: