Sunday, October 7, 2007

Battle in the mind

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Ha. These are some of the verses that i read in the Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. BE POSITIVE! And i so wanted to put them into practice! Budden... i went to work on tues and it was just crazy. Ha... Don't even know how to describe. "Terrible terrible..." OT till 10, and the next day 9+ and had to miss blading... SO SAD. Keep letting down WeeYong. SO SORRY. Depressed.

Psalm 42 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for i will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. My soul is downcast within me; therefore i will remember you.

Haha. As they started to take over the world on friday, i had quite a fun time teaching this guy, though it was tiring. He asked alot of basic questions, like why should we do this or that. Which showed that he was really bothered about how things worked, not just going with the routines. It was quite interesting to interact with them. They're very gentle and polite people. And it's cute how they try to nod their head when they agree. But when they don't notice, they still shake their head in a figure of eight sometimes as they listen and understand. Oh well. I finished like 8 transactions that day instead of the 100 that i can do on good days. So maybe.. i'm depressed also cos i felt very unaccomplished in my work. But i guess the different kind of satisfaction you get from teaching someone and knowing that he's learnt something should offset that right?

Anyway. Here's some pictures that i would like to share... These made me very happy...
Haha. The one on the left with 5 dishes was $2.30 and the one on the right, with a big fish was $2.00 :)
Sniff. Thank you............. Don't even know how to thank you enough.
The 3 loving brothers. The oldest who kissed his youngest brother, squished his face, complained that he has swimming pool breath, and told his second brother about it. SO CUTE.
And this last picture. Can anyone guess what it is? My colleague gave us all one each. Something that cheered up my day at work a little!

Anyway, just wanna thank both of you for dragging me down to eat dinner even though i was so nua and wanted to anti-social at home... Ha... Dunno what's come into me... I enjoyed it the short time even though my quite sian and blur face looked like i was just lost in my own world. Haha.. Thanks...

No comments: